Dentist in San Diego, CA
When harmful bacteria collect on your teeth, this can lead to decay. To repair this damage, Dr. Taylor and our team can remove the decayed portion of the tooth and fill in the affected area. This filling will protect the tooth from further decay or infection. We may also recommend fillings to repair broken, cracked, or worn-down teeth.
Should decay be left untreated, it can worsen, causing further infection and severe pain. An infected tooth may eventually require a root canal or an extraction.
Fillings are made of resin, which is visually undetectable and also offers an aesthetically pleasing solution to the problem of a decayed tooth. Our team will carefully select the shade of resin which best matches your teeth.
We will use the following process to place a resin filling:
- Isolate the tooth from saliva to keep it dry.
- Remove the decayed portion of the tooth.
- Place the resin in layers over the affected area.
- Use an LED light to harden each layer of resin.
- Shape and polish the resin to give the tooth a natural look after the filling process is complete.
We can help you decide whether resin fillings are right for you. For more information or to request an appointment, please contact us.